1 Thessalonians 5:11 (KJV)

Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (KJV)

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Let Me Assure You-1

Starting Well - Chapter Six
By Kathy Johnston

Security of salvation is always the first assurance to
make sure the new believer understands. We must
show the new believer where to find reassurance of
their salvation in the Scriptures.

“And this is the testimony: That God has given us
eternal life, and this life is His Son.” (1-John;5:11)

“He who has the Son has life: he does not have the
Son of God does not have life.” (1-John;5:12)

This Scripture tells us, That if you have asked the
Lord Jesus Christ to come into your heart, forgive
your sins, and give you an eternal home, then you
have eternal life.

If you have not asked, you do not receive, Just Ask !

“In hope of eternal life which God who cannot lie,
promised before time began.” (Titus;1:2)

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them and they
follow me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall
never perish: neither shall anyone snatch them out of
my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is
greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out
of my Fathers hand. I and My Father are one.”
(John;10:17-30)

Kathy tells us that once a new Christians is sure of
their salvation, then it is important they understand
prayer. The experiencing answered prayer first hand
assures new believers that God heard them. However,
the new believer may have doubts when their prayers
are not answered when expected. The Scriptures will
provide the new believer reassurance that God hears
and cares.

“Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that
if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
And if we know that He hears us, what ever we ask,
we know that we have the petitions that we have
asked of Him.” (1 John 5:14-15)

“Until now you have ask nothing in My name. Ask,
and you will receive, that your joy may be full !”
(John 16:24)

We have covered the first two of five needs for every
new believer from Kathy Johnston. To be continued:

And other Christian Book articles may be found at:
http://christianbookdiscussionblog.blogspot.com/
By brother george

No comments:

Post a Comment