1 Thessalonians 5:11 (KJV)

Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (KJV)

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Destination but not the End of the Journey


Acts 28:14b
And so we came to Rome...
 
 

Thoughts for Today:

 
I would say it was quite an adventure getting to Rome which Luke (the author of Acts) now sums up rather simply, "And so we came to Rome."

I paused for a moment this morning to consider: "And so, how did I come to be here at this particular time and moment? What have been some of my adventures, trials, tribulations, victories, and defeats that have led me to sitting here right now writing these words to you."

I can't help but also think of what the Lord has in store for me around the next bend -- what new adventures might await. I wonder, "What has the Lord been preparing for me or rather preparing me for?" Jeremiah 29:11, "I know the plans I have for you... plans to prosper you." I think that's why the words from our passage today are in the middle of the chapter rather than at the end. Luke knew that Rome was the destination, but it certainly was not the end of the journey.
 
 

Questions to Ponder:

 
Do you know that the past does not equal the future?
Or what you've been is not necessarily what you are or who you will be?
Who, what, or where we are today is not our final place.
It is only one leg of the journey -- a pit stop. Don't stop here. Look around.
In what way can you be of service today?
 
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power." (2 Timothy 1:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment