1 Thessalonians 5:11 (KJV)

Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (KJV)

Monday, May 28, 2012

PTL Daily Devotional;

“Taking Time to Pray While
Pushing Through Distractions”

My thoughts for Today’s Devotional:
I usually get up early in the morning to spend time with
God because it is a quiet time.  Most important is that I
am putting my Lord first. Many times a distraction will
try to get in the way of my time with God. Have you also
found the following excerpt from today’s devotional to
be so very true ?

Day 125: excerpt;
“The most important elements of study and prayer
time are found in good old fashioned self-discipline
and the earnest desire to seek the Lord. To be
successful, we simply have to concentrate and
remain committed. One thing I've found as my most
meaningful time with God has been when I have
fought through all the distractions and continued
(or returned) to focus my heart and my mind --
completing my study and prayer time -- that is when
God speaks to me most clearly, or rather when I am
listening most intently”.

Questions to Ponder:
How can we start to listen more intently to the Lord?
Is it an issue of focusing our heart and mind?
Will you be more determined to fellowship with Him ?

No comments:

Post a Comment