1 Thessalonians 5:11 (KJV)

Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (KJV)

Thursday, November 12, 2015

A Christmas Story (first written 12/20/2012)


This is a story about a Christmas gift, our gift, Jesus’ gift, and God’s gift. 
The gift that is most wanted and the gift, that can be given and received.
First, I want to share with you an insight that some of you may not have considered.
When reading the Old Testament, consider how God is giving understanding to His children.
He is not using Word Parables like Jesus so masterfully used in the New Testament.
In the Old Testament God uses parables in action instead of words to give us understanding.
( An example would be “The Parable of Mount Moriah” the incident of Abraham’s offering up Isaac. Isaac is the only one in Scripture, except Jesus, to be spoken of as “only begotton son(Hebrews 11:17). The parable representation of death and his deliverance as a Parable representation of resurrection. Isaac was on the alter of death and Abraham received him back to life by God’s grace. The ram was sacrificed instead of Isaac and Jesus was sacrificed as the substitute for us. )
 
This method of action parables using life experiences that God provides; This is how He speaks to me and gives me understanding especially when I need correction or humbling. Just in this morning’s prayers, I thank God for the healing taken place in my son. I had ask this as the gift I most wanted from my Father this Christmas.

Then as I read “The Daily Bread” (Dec.20,12) called “The Gift” I could hear God speaking. You see that is the way God always speaks to me through an experience He always provides. Jesus knew the Gift His Father most wanted, “was for His children to be saved”.  I know that is the Gift I always want the most, “is for my children to be saved”.
 
Quoting the “Daily Bread” Thinking of ourselves as a gift to God, that should make us want to be a present worth the cost, fully pleasing to Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. (ref. Col. 1:10)

Dear Lord, we thank you for our children and we ask for their salvation through your Son Jesus. As your children, we thank you and celebrate that precious Gift that you offer us on this very special Birthday. I by faith accept this Christmas Gift of your Son as my Savior from sin and I will tell others about what it means to give yourself as a gift to our Father which is in Heaven. Amen
  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”  John 3:16 (NKJV)

                                                                             with love through the Holy Spirit, brother george

No comments:

Post a Comment