PGM Statement of faith
- We believe in the Scripture of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:21
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
1 John 5:7; Genesis 1:26-27; Hebrews 1:8; Psalm 110:1
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, and was born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true Man.
Isaiah 7:14;Luke 1:31-35;John 1:1, 14
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned, and thereby incurred, not only physical death, but also a sinful nature.
Romans 3:23;Romans 5:12;Genesis 1:27,31;Genesis 3:6-24;Psalm 51:5;Isaiah 53:6;Ephesians 2:3
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
Romans 4:25;1 Corinthians 15:3;2 Corinthians 5:21;1 Peter 2:24
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, in His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us.
1 Corinthians 15:4;Hebrews 4:14;1 John 2:1
- We believe in "that blessed hope," the personal, pre-tribulation, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
John 1:12;Acts 20:21
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost.