1 Thessalonians 5:11 (KJV)

Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (KJV)

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Why it's hard to love Jesus

Author Joseph M. Stowell
Moody Publisher @ 2003

Worthy of Study & Recommended by george

Stowell’s writing is very easy reading. He uses
parables and short stories you can relate too and
remember. Stowell does not use scripture out of
context. This author shows his human side as he
is also traveling with us on this earthly journey.

My heart was grabbed very early in this book.(pg 52)
Stowell’s dad would tell him to spend some time on
Saturdays weeding in the garden. Stowell tells us
if he could go back, he would gladly serve him in
the garden and with a heart of devotion. Now the
weeding would be a great way to tell him;
“ Thanks for all you have done. I love you ! “
and his dad would know that he loved him more than
words could offer.

The same is true in our relationship with Jesus.

Those thoughts brought thoughts of my love for my
own father and my heavenly Father . I get choked
up and watery eyes, when ever I think of all the
love that they have shared with me. I am among
those “forgiven-much” and I have a lot more weeding
to do. How about you ?

Towards the end of this book (chapter eleven)
Stowell relates the great closing movie scene of
“Schindler’s List”. Schindler is now bidding
farewell to a group of Jews that he has saved from
the Holocaust. He looks at his beautiful car and
says “ I could have done more, I should have sold
this car. It would have been ten more if I sold this
car. This scene is closing with him weeping, because
he could have rescued more.

When we have a choice between our comfort and loving
Jesus, and as our scene is closing, how do we want to
stand before Jesus ? Will we be weeping and saying
that we could have rescued more, we could have done more ?

Our love for Jesus is revealed in how we live. Every
choice is about staying in love with Him. And the reason
“Why it’s hard to love Jesus” is that we must actually
practice the love for our Christ.

My awareness that I have been “forgiven-much” is my
motivation to love Him much. How about you ?

1 comment: